Tuesday, 12 October 2010

The Last Supper


Hi guys,

I had this idea about each one of us making a video on the style of a TV cooking show.

We would prepare a simple traditional dish from our country (maybe speaking in our mother tongue) then, editing or using split screens we could combine/show the videos together, play with sound etc.

It would end with a single video showing all of us around a table eating together sharing our traditional dishes we had prepared. (we could also prepare something simple like cookies to leave behind after the presentation)

I imagine it would create an interesting tension and confusion with a resolution at the end, like a big puzzle where all pieces are put in place.

I think it reflects quite well the way the world goes; it seems that we humans always find the way to fix everything.

I fill a strong sense of universal truth in sharing a meal, it is commonly considered to be a non-threatening sign between peoples.


2 comments:

  1. Leo I really like the Idea of multicultural cooking and reflecting it as one piece EU country block.

    I love cooking myself just do the other team members will want to do so? I'm for it. Hopefully we are still in the brief of Indigenous design, Bill will judge..

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can post any idea, on Monday we'll look at them as a group and see what works and what doesn't,we may even combine them together and come up with something completely different.
    We are seven now and one or two ideas each would make a lot of stuff to work on

    ReplyDelete